For 2021 in Munich they have created a new BMW S1000R 2021 based on the S1000RR superbike, making it Euro5, more aggressive and attractive, lighter, with better ergonomics and more equipment, and it is slightly longer between axles.
Its four-cylinder engine -4T, LC, 16V, DOHC, IE- is now 5 kg lighter -it is that of the new S 1000 RR- offers 165 hp for a weight of 199 kg, and the 4th, 5th and 6th gears are longerIn addition to having a new – and smaller – Akrapovic exhaust and improved slipper clutch.
Now it comes standard with IMU -inertial control unit- so it has ABS Pro -sensitive to inclination- and DTC dynamic traction control. It also has three driving modes -Rain, Road and Dynamic-, antiwheelie, Hill Start Control and full led lighting, and as optional equipment it has electronic engine brake control, Pro Up & Down quickshifter and adaptive headlight.
It also equips rear LED indicators with a taillight function and a DBL dynamic emergency braking light.
The instrumentation is a 6.5 ”color TFT screen with Bluetooth connectivity -and the BMW Motorrad Connectivity app-, in which work has been done to show the information in the most complete and readable way, and the menus are navigated with the signature multiroller, located on the left cuff.
Optimized cycle part
In the cycle part, the aluminum Flex Frame perimeter chassis and the swingarm -long and with lower reinforcement- are new -taken from the S1000RR-, lighter -chassis 1.3 kg-, in which the engine is a resistant part, and the Full Floater Pro progressivity rear monoshock is now slightly further away from the engine to avoid overheating. Optionally, it can equip electronic suspensions DDC -Dynamic Damping Control-, linked to the driving modes.
The 17 ”alloy wheels are also new and lighter -1.8 kg-, a wider tire of 200 is mounted at the back -before 190-, and the brake discs are thicker, but lighter.
In terms of ergonomics, its new chassis is narrower, improving the rider’s position, the riding position is advanced by 15 mm, in addition to the fact that now the handlebar can be adjusted by 10 mm – optionally it can be adjusted longitudinally by 10 mm. -.
No availability or price has been declared for the new 2021 BMW S1000R.
The highlights of the new BMW S 1000 R:
- Newly developed 5 kg lighter inline 4-cylinder engine based on that of the BMW S 1000 RR with optimized mid-range power and handling as well as new gear ratios in 4th to 6th gears.
- Power and higher torque: 121 kW (165 hp) at 11,000 rpm and 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm.
- Newly developed suspension with “Flex Frame”, with the engine assuming an additional load bearing function.
- Significantly improved ergonomics thanks to the “Flex Frame” that allows the rider to have the knees closer to the body of the motorcycle.
- Suspended swingarm with Full Floater Pro kinematics and suspension spring-damper arrangement for even more responsive response and optimized rear wheel grip.
- New lighter exhaust system, EU5 compliant.
- New 6-axis box sensor to accurately determine pitch speed and anti-wheelie function.
- ABS Pro for greater safety when braking, also in an inclined position, as standard. Dedicated rain brake mode with flatter brake pressure gradient. ABS Pro as standard for even safer braking when cornering.
- WSBK-tested Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard ensures even greater stability when accelerating.
- Three driving modes “Rain”, “Road” and “Dynamic” as standard.
- DTC wheelie function as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro with an additional “Dynamic Pro” mode that includes adjustable wheelie control, engine brake and Engine Drag Torque (MSR) control, as well as Launch Control, Pitlane Limiter and Hillstart Control Pro as factory options.
- Hillstart Control as standard.
- Shift Assistant Pro for quick up and down changes without using the clutch, available from the factory.
- New 6.5-inch easy-to-read TFT display instrument cluster including additional sports displays, arrow navigation and connectivity.
- New LED headlights and LED light units as standard.
- Adaptive cornering light and daytime running light in the Headlight Pro package available as a factory option.
Contenido Relacionado: como leyes de california para las luces altas
Contenido Relacionado: coches la empresa emergente hackrod quiere imprimir en 3d el diseno de su automovil