Suzuki It was not the first brand to introduce sports bikes. Before the Suzuki gsx-r there were already other models such as 1983 Honda CB 1100 RC, wave VF 1000 R from 1984. However, these models weighed considerably more and also had a larger displacement. Therefore, what Suzuki did was introduce an even sportier motorcycle concept, with a more “manageable” displacement and lower weight.
On 1988, the Japanese brand introduces a new generation of Suzuki gsx-r which differs by presenting an even sportier appearance, with a lower driving position and sharper shapes. The engine also increased its power to 110 horses, although the weight also rose to 195 kg.
Year after year, the Japanese brand continued to increase the power of this model until reaching what we know today in the 2016.
The SUZUKI GSX-R600 model 2016 has the following features:
- Engine: 600 cc.
- 6 speed transmission.
- Engine type – 4-stroke, liquid-cooled trapezoidal radiator, DOHC, dual overhead camshaft
- Number of cylinders – 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder,
- Exhaust system – SAES, compact exhaust, catalyst and Pair SET (exhaust valve)
- Diameter – 67.0 mm
- Stroke – 42.5 mm
- Displacement – 599 cm3
- Compression ratio – 12.9: 1
- Fuel System – Dual Injector Per Cylinder with Dual Throttle SDTV
- Starting System – Electric
- Lubrication System – Wet Pump
Dimensions and weight:
- Total length – 2030 mm
- Overall width – 710 mm
- Overall height – 1135 mm
- Wheelbase – 1385 mm
- Ground clearance – 130 mm
- Seat height – 810 mm
- Dry weight *** – 156 kg
- Net weight ** – 187 kg
- Clutch – Multiple disc wet with anti-bounce clutch
- Transmission – 6 speed
- Shift pattern – 1 down, 5 up
- Final Drive – RK525SMOZ7Y Chain, 114 Links.
Chassis, capacities and others:
- Chassis – Aluminum alloy and aluminum swingarm
- Front Suspension – Inverted Telescopic Spring and Titanium Coated SHOWA Oil
- Rear suspension – SHOWA spring and hydraulic mono shock absorber
- Front brake – Dual 310mm floating discs and Brembo piston
- Rear Brake – Single Disc
- Front rim – 120 / 70ZR17M / C (58W) tubeless (36 psi) bridgestone
- Rear tire – 180 / 55ZR17M / C (73W) tubeless (36/42 psi) bridgestone
- Front wheel – Aluminum alloy
- Rear wheel – Aluminum alloy
- Ignition type – Electronic, Transistorized
- Gasoline tank including reserve – 17 Lts
Contenido Relacionado: como como arreglar un cojinete de rueda en un nissan maxima
Contenido Relacionado: top 10 10 cosas que no sabias sobre el dassault falcon 8x